I am not sure if it is because I am a college student and surrounded with so many searching souls trying to figure out who they are or if it just me. I can tell anyone and everyone exactly who I am not more clearly than I can ever pronounce who I am. Why is that? At 35 I should have some of my identity figured out right? But instead I say more times than I care to count what I am not…
- I am not that girl that does diets. I hate diets. I hate the way they make me feel when I fail miserably. I eat what I want. Use my brain and exercise.
- I don’t like when people tell me what to do. It makes things uncomfortable in those moments when I believe someone is telling me what to do but I am not her either.
- I am not that girl that wear froo froo dresses and pretty pink nail polish. I am a tom boy and always more comfy in t-shirt/jeans/shorts.
- I don’t pretend to know nothing when it comes to cars, fish guts, all things gross and slimy. I am not her either.
- I am not that girl that gets my nails done, get messages, or needs to be pampered regularly. I just don’t.
- Science fiction kind of weirds me out. I will admit out of love for Mommy Jargon and her sci fi loving fam I have tried but I am not her either.
- I am not that girl that is a size 2 and proclaims that everyone that isn’t that small just has excuses. I actually want to punch that girl in the face and hand her a doughnut.
- I can’t just naturally come up with something brilliant. It has always taken me time and effort. One of my university friends skips almost every assigned reading and still kicks ass. I am not her either.
- I am not that girl that can swear off anything. You know like cussing, food, pop, or fill in the blank. It has to happen naturally or it is like a forbidden fruit. I want it all the time.
- I wish my house was perfect and always updated, cleaned and smelled nice and be the woman that makes it all happen while keeping everything in tact. I try really hard to keep up the best I can and work and be a good mom, and be a good teacher, and be a wife, and be a good friend and well I am just not her either.
- I am not that girl that needs the newest car although I do like reliable. It doesn’t have to be shiny or spacey. Good on gas is most important lately.
- I cannot be involved in every little thing. You know those ladies, you meet them and you hate them. They have to do and be involved in every little thing. I am not sure if they want to for status or want to for themselves. I am not her either.
Now that I have established what I am not I guess it is time to start thinking about what it is I am. 🙂