“If we are creating ourselves all the time, then it is never too late to begin creating the bodies we want instead of the ones we mistakenly assume we are stuck with.”
― Deepak Chopra
On day three of the 21 Day Fix and it is going really well. I guess I would officially call myself a fixer! It does go really well…except for the one day you screw up and boy howdy did I screw up. I could have given caution to the wind and tried again, but I stuck to it as best I could. More on my screw up later….
Day # 1 – (Red-3.5/Purple-2.5/Yellow-3/Green-4/Orange-1/Blue-1/2 tsp)
- Breakfast-Turkey Bacon (2 Slices/1.5 Red), scrambled eggs (2/1 red), whole wheat toast (1/1 yellow), 1 tsp of almond butter and kiwi (2/1 purple)
- Morning Snack-Carrots (10/1 Green) and almonds (10/1 blue)
- Lunch-Salad Greens (1 green) and chicken (2 tenderloins/1 Red) with 21 Day Fix Dijon Dressing (.5 orange) and mushrooms (1 green)
- Afternoon Snack-Strawberries (3/1.5 Purple) and greek yogurt plain (1/4 Red) topped with cinnamon *Hated this and ate two cut up berries and tossed
- Dinner-Corn Tortilla Crisped in Oven (1/.5 Yellow), taco meat (1 red), salad greens (1 green), sweet potato (.5 yellow) topped again with Dijon dressing (.5 orange)
- Evening Snack-Whole Grain Toast (1 yellow), 1 tsp of almond butter and 2 strips of turkey bacon (.5 red)
- 123 oz of water
Day # 2 – (Red-3/Purple-3/Blue-2/Orange-.5/Green-1/Yellow-4/3 tsp)
- Breakfast- Whole Grain Toast (1/1 yellow), 1 tsp of almond butter, kiwi (1/.5 purple) topped with 2 strips of turkey bacon (.5 red)
- Morning Snack-Water and 1 tsp of almond butter
- Lunch-Leftover Crispy Corn Tortilla topped with refried beans(1 yellow), taco meat (1 red), salad greens (1 green), tomatoes (.5 purple) topped with dijon dressing (.5 orange) with grapes (10/1 purple)
- Dinner-Water and 1 tsp of almond butter
- Thought I was dying and had a horrible headache so I consumed 2 snacks of almonds (2 blues)
- Late Night Snack-Toasted Whole Wheat Bread (2/2 Yellow), 1 tsp of light mayo, tomato sliced (1 purple), 2 strips of turkey bacon (.5 red) and 2 hard boiled eggs (1 red)
- 63 oz. water
Day 3 – (3.5-Red/3-Yellow/Orange-1/Blue-.5/Green-3.5/Purple-2.75/2 tsp)
- Breakfast-Over easy eggs (2/1 red), 4 strips of turkey bacon (1 red) and 10 grapes (1 purple)
- Morning Snack-Water
- Lunch-Spinach Salad with tomatoes (1.5 green) and chicken (2 tenderloins/1 red) topped with fat free feta cheese (.5 blue) with olive oil (.5 orange), dash of vinegar pepper and garlic powder (free), and watermelon (3/4 purple)
- Afternoon Snack- Water and replaced 1 yellow for skinny cow chocolate
- Dinner-Pulled Pork (.5 red) on a whole wheat bun (1 yellow) only ended up eating half, 1 tsp of bbq sauce, spinach salad with some mushrooms and tomatoes (1 green) with sprinkled garlic powder, vinegar and olive oil (.5 orange) steamed carrots with 1 tsp of agave nectar, (.5 Green) and steam broccoli (.5 green)
- Snack will likely be whole wheat toast (1 yellow) and 1 tsp of almond butter with melon (1 purple)
- 110 oz of water at this point (7:15) and I am probably good for 1 more 20 ozer!
I know several things are happening here with how I feel and my weight, my mental clarity and my body. I am so full. But I am doing this with several others who I know are not feeling the same. I also know my calories always are staying within the 1400-1450 range. I have always tracked my food intake on fit bit, but I have been more religious about it.
Yesterday was a special kind of horrible. I didn’t plan well. I thought I would have time because I believed we would have a delay for school and we didn’t. The morning was a rush and a blur and I kind of forgot about having class last night. I didn’t prepare well. I needed more protein to keep me going and moving and all I had was almonds and almond butter. I went over on the amount of almonds allowed but not almond butter. But I could feel my blood sugar tanking and I was not doing well. I was worried about passing out which is why I had such a big snack instead of dinner last night. I needed it bad!Thankfully once I had that protein my headache turned around and I felt better. Today has been much smoother.
I also learned that even though I feel prepared I need to physically prepare my lunch at home the night before. Once I am at work, taking a few minutes to even pee is hard. I also learned that I hate the dressings that 21 Day Fix gives. I made two and hated them both. I was more than satisfied with half the orange container of olive oil, pepper and garlic seasoning that I had on my spinach salad today. It was actually amazing, so I am thinking I don’t need the dressings. As well, I am willing to compromise on that. I will use the orange container and use a low fat/no fat dressing if/when I grow bored of just olive oil and the pepper and garlic.
I have a love hate relationship salad greens. I get really tired of them, but I think the dressing helped with that. I hope anyway. The water increase hasn’t seemed too bad. I have been really focusing on increasing it since I gave up pepsi. I probably only added an extra 40-50 oz a day.
Now let’s talk about exercise. I felt strong and good doing T25 today. Yesterday was our rest day, so I wasn’t sure how I would do with the fix being 3 days in and T25, but I feel strong. We are doing so good. I feel like I get better every time and that is kind of how T25 works. I haven’t really looked at the 21 Day Fix videos because I don’t know if we will do them. Maybe if I like being a fixer then I will do another round.
Something is happening naturally that I wasn’t sure would. I am pretty good at eyeballing what the container sizes are. I can see the mistakes I was making in my eating before. Too much fat in my diet. Fats from heavy dressings with high calories and smothering my proteins. I also have an infinity for chips…or so I did.
The best news out of all of this I am not having major withdraws. The withdraws I made about a month and half ago really helped. I feel great. I don’t miss the small amounts of sugar I was having. I also realized that I don’t really miss carbs either minus the fact that they are usually a vehicle for my protein. But I feel like that is an easy fix. I am disappointed that 21 Day fix calls sweet potatoes a yellow and places them in the carb category. I understand, but I love sweet potatoes.
Probably the biggest change I have seen is how much more quickly I feel hungry and how quickly that feeling is eased when I eat. I assume that is all these greens. They are filling, but not long lasting.
18/21 Days outta the way!!!!