I may not do this every day, but I will always do it. Or at least try.
Day #5 – List 5 Places You Want to Visit
- Top of the list is Europe predominantly France. I have talked about it here before but I feel strong connections to France and crave to know and have so many more. I am obsessed with walking the french countryside (see pic below).
- I would love to go to Thailand. For all the reasons listed here.
- I am obsessed with mountains and oceans so the next three are based off of that. I want to see Colorado.
- I want to see the Pacific Coast.
- I want to see Nova Scotia because of the light houses and landscape.
Day # 6 – 3 ways to win my heart
- In all seriousness my heart isn’t up for bid so you cannot really win it, but for friendship # 1 way would definitely be being authentic to who you are. I just really appreciate those that own who they are and aren’t insecure about it. We all have baggage and we can own it and do our thing or we can run from it and create a false persona. I chose the first path and I choose people who do as well.
- Be a good friend. Don’t leave when the going gets tough. When my guy was super sick I found myself mostly alone. People were afraid to ask so they just didn’t. That was a blow because I just needed someone to ask. So many times we think we have to have the right words, but you really don’t. Most of the time the only thing people need to is feel heard and loved.
- Tacos. Plain and simple. Tacos.
Day # 7 – 10 Songs I am loving right now….
I can tell you this is gonna be hard cause I love about 4-5 songs right now. But I have ones I always love. I will tell you what I love about some of them though.
- By far the # 1 song I love right now is Thunder by Imagine Dragons. I am not necessarily a huge ID fan, but the lyrics of this song…YASSSS!
Not a yes sir, not a follower Fit the box, fit the mold Have a seat in the foyer, take a number I was lightning before the thunder
How can you not get behind those kinds of lyrics? I grew up feeling different than those around me. I always felt like I was on the outside looking in and eventually I realized it was because I see the world very differently. I realized it was just my personality and I think this song just taps into that part of myself.
2. Logic 1-800-273-8255…Woah this song and all the voices in the compilation. It is an amazing song. The meaning behind it. If you need to understand more of my why watch this.
3. I am not going to directly share a song here but I will tell you I like Post Malone. His lyrics well….But the beat and putting his lyrics with his beats…he is good at that. If you walk away from a post like this you should know one thing about me it is that I like edgier rap. Usually 90’s edgier rap. I always have. I am a huge gigantic contradiction to the world and I own it. See my reasoning for song # 1. I usually don’t like current rap much because to me it seems so surface. I like my rap for the lyrics and rapping about hardships in the world. Not ladies or drugs. But I do appreciate beats that PM has.
4. Basically most anything by Khalid. See my reasoning for liking rappers in # 3. His lyrics seem to be deeper and have a universal relatable meaning.
5. Tupac – Now he sings about real things. Keep ya head up is hands down one of my favorites.
You know it’s funny when it rains it pours
They got money for wars but can’t feed the poor
Say there ain’t no hope for the youth and the truth is
It ain’t no hope for the future
How is it he sang about issues he saw in the 90’s and we still haven’t figured it out? For real. I am kinda sick of it.
6. My love of 90’s music runs super deep. I like grunge and grit and Everlast “What It’s Like” is one of my top. I love this song so much! It is literally about empathy. Not sympathy. Empathy… we need more of that in the world. How could this song not make this list?
7. I remember being in my biology class when word spread that Kurt Cobain died. I remember feeling absolutely gutted. I remember hiding my tears as I looked around and none of my other peers were as moved by his death as I was. I remember wondering if this was how people felt when Elvis died. Basically, any song by Nirvana could make this list, but Come as Your Are is my favorite, but not for any particular reason other than it is just a great song. I listened to Nirvana on repeat before and after his death. I have listened to them a million times since.
8. You Were Meant For Me – Jewel. Again if you have been reading my blog at all you know I am obsessed with Jewel. I feel like her career has been a timeline for my life. I literally can name a song from her on most major points in my life. This song in particular though is amazing. Her voice.
9. And because one cannot go with another – The Morning Song and Jewel. This song will forever and always remind me of my guy and dating. I don’t know why. My soul just felt so happy and that song makes me so happy. They just go together.
10. The Luckiest – Ben Folds. This spot was a toss up between my wedding song (Sammy Kershaw -You are the Love of my Life) and this one. Of course I love SK song, but my guy and I are so NOT country so it has always been weird we picked that song. But we did and I suspect the reason why has more to do with how we met and the lyrics. But this song…this is a great example of how I feel about my life. I have posted it a million time (okay not really but). I just feel like the luckiest. The piano is beautiful. His voice is majestic with the piano.